A Quick Primer on Tamper Detection
What exactly is tamper detection? Read below to have a better understanding of this built-in feature:
The tamper detection feature is designed to alert you when the camera's recording function has been affected. For example, if an intruder attempts to spray paint the camera lens or deliberately moves it, the camera will send you a notification, alerting you to the fact that your camera has been tampered with. The automatic tamper alerts let you stay connected to your system even when you're not on-site.
- The camera is moved or pushed around (keep in mind, that it might be moved by a falling branch or a gust of wind)
- An intruder tries to cut the power to the camera
- The camera is covered with spray paint, disabling the recording function
- An item or a piece of fabric is draped over the camera lens in an attempt to prevent recording
- The camera focus is obscured, resulting in a blurry image
The good news is that tamper detection is available from many leading IP camera manufacturers including Optica, Axis, and Vivotek. Make sure to enable this camera feature immediately for increased peace of mind when you're away from your office or building.