Is Your System Healthy?
After you've purchased and installed your video surveillance system, the important steps of on-going maintenance of the system begins.
It may be tempting to assume everything is fine and won't need a lot monitoring, but we highly recommend that you follow these basic steps to keep your system healthy and performing well - it's better to prevent an outage than realize the system was down after a crime has been committed.
Daily tasks should focus on ensuring your equipment is powered up and connected:
- Checking your server's power, if you use one
- Checking the connection and feed of ALL your cameras
Weekly tasks should focus on updates and exports:
- Running Windows system updates
- Running a full virus and malware scan
- Exporting any requested videos
Monthly tasks should focus on your system's settings:
- Running firmware upgrades
- Checking all motion detection settings
- Update your system's security, including removing old users and changing passwords
Yearly tasks should focus on the health of your system's equipment:
- HHD defrag and RAM scan
- RAID health check, if you're using a RAID setup
Want to learn more about keeping your system healthy? Contact our surveillance experts today.