IMS Research Firm Predicts Trends in Video Surveillance Industry for 2013
Ten up-and-coming trends will make a big impression on the video surveillance industry according to a recent white paper written by renowned market research firm IMS. Since the introduction of IP video in 1996, video surveillance has dramatically evolved. IP video has undeniably changed the direction of security camera technology by giving end users the freedom to view their live video feed from Smartphones and other handheld devices. In late December 2012, IMS predicted that the following trends will engulf the video surveillance market in 2013:
1. New Battle Ground in Image Quality
2. Mobile Video Streaming - The Next Gear of Mobile Video Surveillance.
3. India to Remain a High Growth Market
4. Keeping it Simple in 2013
5. Intelligent Video Surveillance
6. Private Cloud: the future for enterprise video surveillance systems?
7. Remote Video Applications
8. Chinese Companies Looking West
9. Video Surveillance Goes Vertical
10. Video Content Analysis and Video Meta-data as "Big Data"