Video Surveillance for Yachts
For many yachters, their sailboat is worth more than just its monetary value. When it comes to protecting your investment, yacht video surveillance is a smart solution. Whether you’re sailing around the world or dropping anchor, IP cameras are key to the safety and security of your yacht.
Benefits of Yacht Surveillance
Prevent crime – your sailboat while it is at harbor from vandalism, trespassing and tampering.
Easy to install – Video surveillance cameras are easy to install yourself. With Power over Ethernet, cameras can run off of a single cable that transmits both power and data.
Remote monitoring – Check in on your yacht with live viewing and playback options. Video surveillance systems feature an NVR that enables remote monitoring through a web browser.
Prevent theft – Visible cameras deter thieves from coming aboard. IP camera footage can help authorities identify and prosecute criminals.
Minimize liability – Video surveillance can be submitted as proof to insurance companies and law enforcement if you fall victim to crime, a natural disaster or accident.
Risks of Yacht Video Surveillance
Theft – Thieves may dismantle cameras and disrupt recording.
Power loss – Power surges or blackouts can damage your system or interrupt recording.
Adverse conditions – Extreme rain, wind and temperatures are difficult conditions for cameras.
Considerations for Yacht Video Surveillance
- How often do you check on your yacht?
- How quickly can you get to your yacht in case of an emergency?
- What is your biggest security concern?
- Has your boat fall victim to vandalism, theft or tampering in the past?
- Does your harbor have a video surveillance system?
- Do you keep expensive gear or other valuables aboard?
Setup Advice for Yacht Security Cameras
- Position cameras to keep an eye on valuables and expensive gear at all times.
- Install a camera to monitor the entrance of the cockpit and other important areas.
- Select cameras models designed for outdoor use for rugged video surveillance.
- Consider using a backup security system in case camera recording fails.