Video Surveillance for Pawn Shops
Video surveillance is an extremely important tool when it comes to providing security for pawn shops. Any time money or possessions are exchanged, the threat of criminal activity exists. Security cameras can protect workers, the shop, and its patrons from acts of violence, while also deterring theft.
View blog posts relating to pawn shop video surveillance.
Benefits of Pawn Shop Security Cameras
Deter Theft - Visible security cameras can stop robberies before they happen by deterring thieves from carrying through with their plans. The visual evidence captured by surveillance cameras can make a robber think twice.
Prevent Break-Ins - Surveillance systems can provide continuous video monitoring of the areas both in and around a pawn shop. This helps to protect the shop from break-ins after normal business hours.
Protect Employees - Security cameras help to protect employees from acts of violence, theft, and other unsavory behavior.
Provide Visual Evidence - When violence, break-ins, theft and misconduct do take place, surveillance cameras provide valuable visual evidence that can be used in criminal investigations.
Monitor Employee Behavior - Video surveillance can also be used to ensure employees act properly. Security cameras can monitor all activity and transactions within the pawn shop to make sure employees are providing effective customer service, and to prevent employee theft.
Configuration of Pawn Shop Video Surveillance
When developing a pawn shop video surveillance installation, consider some of the following factors:
- Is there any past history of violent incidents in or around the shop?
- Is the shop located in a high-crime neighborhood?
- Has the pawn shop ever been robbed?
- Is employee theft a strong concern?
- Does the shop have an alarm system?
- What types of security measures are already in place?
- How many cameras will it take to effectively monitor the shop?
- Does the pawn shop focus on selling high-value items such as jewelry?
- How safe is the neighborhood after hours?
- Position security cameras to monitor entrances and exits in order to capture images of anyone entering or leaving the shop.
- Provide video coverage of the register area to monitor all transactions and interactions between employees and customers.
- Consider ceiling-mounted dome cameras for overall views of the shop.
- Deter break-ins by installing cameras to monitor the shop’s exterior.