Video Surveillance for Fishing Boats
Fishing boats are hubs of activity. With expensive fishing gear on board, not to mention the valuable catch of the day, fishing boats can greatly benefit from using security cameras on board.
Benefits of fishing boat surveillance systems
Prevent crime - Having cameras on board your fishing vessel can help deter acts of violence as well as theft of valuable equipment.
Reduce liability - Fishing boats can be dangerous places. Boat security cameras provide visual evidence that can reduce liability in cases involving crimes or accidents that take place on board.
Monitor employees - Commercial fishing vessels often require quite a few people to keep things running smoothly. Boat video surveillance helps keep an eye on activity on deck as well as the loading and unloading process.
Reduce losses - With expensive equipment on board as well as a valuable catch, installing boat security cameras can act as a deterrent to theft.
Provide visual evidence - In cases where violent confrontations or theft does take place, on board security cameras can provide valuable video evidence for criminal investigations.
Fishing boat surveillance risks
Tampering - If a security camera suffers damage from tampering or vandalism, the signal may be lost. Other security measures should be in place to make up for a lost video signal.
Privacy - Boat surveillance cameras should be installed to monitor public places throughout a fishing vessel, but areas such as bathrooms and individual crew members’ rooms are considered private and off limits to surveillance.
Configuration of Video Surveillance Systems for Fishing Boats
- What is the state of the fishing boat’s overall security setup?
- What is the physical makeup of the fishing boat in terms of different areas with unique surveillance needs?
- Have there been reported criminal acts and thefts onboard the vessel?
- Have there been disputes over claims of injury and accidents taking place on the fishing boat?
- How is access to the fishing boat controlled?
Security Camera Setup Advice for Fishing Boats
- Use cameras equipped to handle low-light and dark conditions.
- Use boat security cameras with weather-resistant housing.
- Install surveillance cameras to view the deck of the boat as well as the cabin.
- Place security cameras where they can view loading and unloading.