Video Surveillance for Events & Conventions
Modern improvements in surveillance technology have made security cameras the perfect security solution for conventions and other large events. The flexibility and ease of use of wireless IP cameras can make your next event more secure than ever before.
Benefits of Video Surveillance at Large Events
Prevent theft – Prominently placed security cameras help to deter theft of guest belongings and convention materials.
Flexibility – Surveillance systems that use IP cameras can be reconfigured to meet your ever-changing needs. This feature is especially beneficial for traveling meetings and conventions. Since no venue has the exact same security needs, a flexible IP camera system allows you to bring your security with you, no matter the venue.
Ease of use - Setting up and managing a system of IP cameras is a snap. Unlike analog CCTV cameras which require power tools and technicians, all you have to do is mount the cameras and start recording.
Remote monitoring – Adding an NVR (Network Video Recorder) to your surveillance system allows you to broadcast your footage over the internet, and view footage from any of your cameras at any time. This breakthrough also allows you to expand your current security capabilities. Instead of watching monitors for hours on end, your security guards can perform more active duties like foot patrols, helping keep your event safer.
Risky Elements of Convention Security Cameras
Privacy – Keep your surveillance cameras in public areas like meeting rooms, convention halls, and entrances to protect the privacy of your guests, speakers, vendors and employees.
Theft/Vandalism – Visible cameras may be targets for thieves who wish to conceal their identity and avoid being caught. A stolen camera can cause a break in your security footage and may leave your event or convention susceptible to more theft. While these thefts are rare, it’s important to have another security system in place should your surveillance system be disturbed.
Configuration of CCTV Cameras at Conventions
Types of conventions and events vary widely – professional conventions, academic conferences, fan conventions for TV shows and sports teams, and music festivals all require different types of security in order to maximize protection of their speakers, performers and attendees. Consider each of the following when purchasing and configuring your security system:
- Does your event require heightened security?
- Products at high-tech trade shows and auto shows may be targets for potential thieves and may require tougher security measures.
- What do you consider to be your biggest security problem?
- Have you had theft or security problems in the past?
- What kind of security system do you currently have in place?
- Do your venues provide security?
Setup Advice for Convention Surveillance
- Place cameras in open areas like lobbies, meeting rooms, dining rooms and ballrooms. Make sure your cameras give a comprehensive view of the room, and place fixed cameras in sensitive areas to enhance security.
- Fixed cameras near entrances and exits can help you get a good picture of every visitor that enters and exits your event.
- Place fixed cameras near valuable displays, administrative areas, and cash registers to protect sensitive merchandise and cash.