Construction Security Camera Systems
Construction sites can face a unique range of security issues, including accidents, vandalism, and the theft of raw materials such as lumber, steel, and copper pipes and wire. Installing a careful planned system of construction security cameras throughout the site is an important step for insuring safety and security.
View blog posts relating to construction video surveillance.
Benefits of Construction Surveillance
Easy to install - A wireless IP camera system, along with providing higher quality resolution, also allows for you to change your contruction security camera layout as the demands of your site/property change.
Theft Prevention – The present of construction security cameras on your site can help to prevent intruders and potential theft.
Efficiency – In addition to boosting security, the presence of a security camera can possibly help settle time-consuming disputes with customers and inspectors, as well as encouraging productivity during the workday.
Risks to Construction Security Cameras
Damage – On site, a construction surveillance camera is susceptible to more dangers than in other locations. Security cameras monitoring heavy machinery and raw construction materials
Weather – Storms can come at any time, and security cameras monitoring an unfinished house can be damaged by high winds, rain, or debris.
Theft/Vandalism - Security cameras left out in open construction sites may appeal to thieves. Should one of your cameras be stolen in a robbery, make sure you have another security system in place to protect your equipment and area
Configuration Question for Building Site Security
Video surveillance can be a valuable addition to any construction site. However, there are many important factors to consider in order to create the right system for your needs:
- What is your most important security threat?
- Have you experienced theft problems in the past? If so, what kinds and where?
- Have you ever found yourself wishing you could have caught an incident on camera?
- What kind of security do you currently have in place?
- Do you feel that your surroundings contribute to your overall security?
- Projects in existing residential areas may experience less problems than those in industrial areas or residential areas under construction
Setup Advice for Construction Security Cameras
- if you leave your construction supplies on-site overnight, install fixed cameras near your storage space to protect them from being stolen.
- Cameras placed around the perimiter of your construction site can help deter thieves and vandals from entering your work area.