We are seeking a full-time permanent Magento Web Developer for our SW Portland, Oregon office (near Bridgeport Village). We will consider US based remote applicants for this on-staff position, but local candidates will be given preference.
We are not interested in freelance or agency offers.
This is a very hands-on position with a unique company undergoing significant growth and change. The ability to work independently in a fast-paced company is a must. We offer a challenging and dynamic work environment with world-class people, room for growth, competitive salary and benefits. We also have a casual work environment, so no suits allowed!
- Participate in the development of multiple ecommerce websites migrating onto Magento
- Develop new (X)HTML / CSS pages and templates
- Install extensions and develop customizations
- Act as Quality Assurance for all customer-facing web pages
- Collaborate with marketing team, creative team, and other developers to deliver best in class eCommerce websites
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years experience in front and back end web development
- Experience developing Magento eCommerce sites
- Experience creating (X)HTML code template from a graphic mockup or wireframe
- Experience implementing extensions and developing platform customizations (PHP, interface & data schema)
- Experience with server-side programming & databases
- Experience with W3C Standards and Cross Browser Compatibility (IE7+, Firefox, Safari, Chrome)
- Understanding of SEO best practices
- Ability to communicate well with co-workers
- Attention to detail and high quality of work
- Fluency in English (writing , reading & speaking ) required
Other Skills Desired
- Experience with WordPress
- Experience with NetSuite
- Experience programming APIs
- Experience leading development throughout a projects entire full life-cycle
Competitive, depends on experience. Considerable upside compensation potential.
For the right candidate:
- 100% company-paid Blue Cross PPO for employee
- Access to 401(k) Plan with discretionary company matching to 4% of salary
- Excellent Time Off and Vacation Policy.
- Please email a cover letter, resume, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include a list of websites you have developed along with your level of involvement and which platforms they are on.
- Please state the position title "Magento Web Developer" in the subject line of your email.
- Phone calls will not be accepted regarding this position.
VideoSurveillance.com (www.videosurveillance.com) is a leading direct marketer of security systems for commercial, educational, and government customers. We have a strong history of growth and profitability since our inception 20 years ago. Today, our team manages a diverse and rapidly-growing business that is widely considered a leader and innovator in its industry.