Here at VideoSurveillance.com, we’re all about giving back to the community. The VideoSurveillance.com $1,000 Scholarship Program will award one college senior with money to go towards the cost of tuition.
So tell us, do you have something important to say? Are you a motivated student who wants to succeed? If you answered “yes” to these two questions, then we want to hear from you!
In a one-minute video response -OR- a 250-word essay, please answer the following question:
"How would you use video surveillance to make a school campus safer?"
If this question interests you, then we encourage you to apply. So open up your word processing program, or get out your webcam, Smartphone camera, or video camera, and tell us what you’d do to increase safety on school grounds.
Video surveillance cameras have been used in communities for years as a way to deter vandalism and theft, and keep citizens safer. But we want you to think outside the box here – how would you use video surveillance to make a school campus safer for everyone? How would the use of surveillance help local students and faculty? You get the idea.
We’ve outlined the rules of the scholarship program below to help you better understand what we’re looking for. Remember, the more time you spend thinking about the question and what you would do, the likelier it is that we’ll see that come across in your video or essay.
Deadline: August 1, 2014 by 5 pm Pacific Standard Time
How to Submit Your Video or Essay
If you are uploading a video:
- Upload your one-minute video to YouTube. You will need to have a YouTube account to do this. If you don’t have one, you can create one here. If you’re not sure how to upload a video to Youtube, you can learn more about recording and uploading your video on YouTube’s help page.
- Copy your YouTube video’s URL into our application form below and submit.
- Share it! We encourage you to share your video with your friends and give them a chance to win a $1000 scholarship from VideoSurveillance.com as well. Just direct them to: www.videosurveillance.com/College-Scholarship-Application.asp
If you are uploading an essay:
- Upload your 250 word essay into the application form below and submit.
- Acceptable file formats include: DOC, PDF, WPT, WPS, DOCX, DOT, DOTX
- Share it! We encourage you to share your essay with your friends and give them a chance to win
a $1000 scholarship from VideoSurveillance.com as well. Just direct them to: www.videosurveillance.com/College-Scholarship-Application.asp
College Scholarship Application
Scholarship Rules & Eligibility Requirements
- You must be currently enrolled in high school (seniors only), college, or graduate school to apply
- You cannot be a VideoSurveillance.com employee or be related to any of the company’s employees.
- Submissions must be received by August 1, 2014.
- VideoSurveillance.com will verify enrollment.
- VideoSurveillance.com reserves the right to disqualify any applicants who use inappropriate language or exhibit any behavior which may be construed as offensive.
- The scholarship is limited to United States residents only.
- Essay submissions become property of VideoSurveillance.com
- By submitting a video on YouTube, you grant VideoSurveillance.com a nonexclusive unlimited perpetual royalty-free worldwide license in your video.
VideoSurveillance.com is dedicated to protecting the privacy of students who apply for the scholarship program. Any personal information provided by applicants is used only as part of the scholarship program and not for marketing purposes. VideoSurveillance.com will not share applicants’ personal information with any outside source. Moreover, applicants will only be contacted if they are selected as a finalist or winner.