Here at VideoSurveillance.com, we’re all about giving back to the community. This time, we’d like to give back to a student, so we’ve created the VideoSurveillance.com $1,000 Scholarship Program for the purpose of awarding one high school or college student with money to go towards tuition costs. Are you a creative individual? Do you have something important to say? Are you a motivated student who wants to succeed? If you answered “yes” to these three questions, then we want to hear from you!
We’re not going to make you write an essay. That’s good news, right? We thought so. Instead, we thought it’d be more interesting to hear from you in the form of a one-minute video essay. If this sounds like something you’d like to participate in, we encourage you to apply. So get out your webcams, Smartphone cameras, and video cameras and show us your intelligence, exuberance, and creativity. You will need to mention “VideoSurveillance.com” twice in your video, and if you want to stand out even more, download a copy of our logo and find a unique way to insert it in your video. For just one minute of your time, you could be awarded with a $1,000 scholarship. In your video, we’d like you to answer the following question:
"How would you use video surveillance to create a better and safer community?"
Video surveillance cameras have been used in communities for years as a way to deter vandalism and theft, and keep citizens safer. But we want you to think outside the box here – how would you use video surveillance in your community to make it a better place? How would the use of surveillance help local residents? You get the idea.
We’ve outlined the rules of the scholarship program below to help you better understand what we’re looking for. Remember, the more time you spend thinking about the question and what you would do, the likelier it is that we’ll see that in the video.
How to Submit Your Video
- Upload your one-minute video to YouTube. You will need to have a YouTube account to do this. If you don’t have one, you can create one here. If you’re not sure how to upload a video to Youtube, you can learn more about recording and uploading your video on YouTube’s help page.
- Copy your YouTube video’s URL into our application form below and submit.
- Share it! We encourage you to share your video with your friends and give them a chance to win a $1000 scholarship from VideoSurveillance.com as well. Just direct them to: www.videosurveillance.com/College-Scholarship-Application.asp
College Scholarship Application
Scholarship Rules & Eligibility Requirements
- You must be currently enrolled in high school (seniors only), college, or graduate school to apply.
- Your video must be 60 seconds or less and should mention VideoSurveillance.com at least twice.
- You cannot be a VideoSurveillance.com employee or be related to any of the company’s employees.
- Submissions must be received by June 25th, 2013.
- VideoSurveillance.com will verify enrollment.
- VideoSurveillance.com reserves the right to disqualify any applicants who use inappropriate language or exhibit any behavior which may be construed as offensive.
- The scholarship is limited to United States residents only.
- By submitting a video on youtube, you grant VideoSurveillance.com a nonexclusive unlimited perpetual royalty-free worldwide license in your video.
VideoSurveillance.com is dedicated to protecting the privacy of students who apply for the scholarship program. Any personal information provided by applicants is used only as part of the scholarship program and not for marketing purposes. VideoSurveillance.com will not share applicants’ personal information with any outside source. Moreover, applicants will only be contacted if they are selected as a finalist or winner.